Thinking about upgrading your HVAC system? “Off” seasons like spring and fall are a great time to do so—you won’t need to rely on your heater to keep you warm or your air conditioner to keep you cool. If you’re like most homeowners, you probably bought your air conditioner and heater around the same time.
This means that your heater and air conditioner are more likely to wear down around the same time. If this is the circumstance you’re in at the moment then an upgrade is inevitable. Make sure that you contact our team if you need HVAC services in Vancouver, WA. We’ve served the Greater Vancouver Area since 1975.
Signs It’s Time to Upgrade
It’s not always so easy to tell when you need to upgrade your HVAC system. “HVAC” refers to your home comfort system as a whole, so we’ll cover both your heating and cooling systems below. We’ve created an easy guide for you to reference below.
It’s Time to Upgrade Your Heater When
- You Can’t Stay Warm: If you constantly have to run your heater throughout the colder months here in Vancouver because you just can’t seem to get warm then your heater has probably seen better days. Running your heater is bad for you because it leads to dry home conditions, bad for your heater because it overworks the unit, and bad for your wallet because this type of usage is expensive. Contact a professional team if this is a problem you’re struggling with.
- You Smell Some Bad Odors: Does your home start to smell a little funny when you run your heater? Burning odors or gas odors are an indication that something is seriously wrong with your heater. If you continuously run into this problem then it’s time to contact a professional.
It’s Time to Upgrade Your Air Conditioner When
- Limited Airflow: Notice that the airflow in your home has diminished from a strong, steady stream to something that feels more like a person trying to cool you off by blowing air through a straw? This is a pretty common occurrence in failing air conditioners.
- Blowing Warm Air: Blowing warm air is the job of your heater. If your air conditioner is doing it then it’s time to start looking into newer models.
Problems Signs that Both Systems Can Display
These problems don’t discriminate! Watch out for these issues in either your air conditioner or heater:
- High Bills: If you’re experiencing sky high heating or air conditioning bills because of your HVAC system’s inefficiency then it’s time to consider an upgrade. High bills aren’t something that will just go away over time. They indicate a fatal problem in your system.
- Frequent Repairs: If you’re at that stage where you’ve repaired your air conditioner or heater plenty of times before, it might be time to invest in a new system. You might think that it’s more beneficial to just repair your HVAC system, but we can assure you that showering an ineffective system in money isn’t cost effective. If you need help financing a new HVAC system, make sure you contact our team to learn more about your options.
Don’t struggle through another year with your current HVAC system, upgrade if it’s time. You can contact our team at Area Heating & Cooling, Inc. today to schedule an appointment with our technicians.